The special track in Ancient Philosophy is designed for students interested in Ancient Philosophy who want to supplement their philosophical work with broad training in the languages, literatures, and cultures of ancient Greece and Rome. Students will work with faculty in both the Classics and Philosophy Departments.
Eric Brown, Associate Professor of Philosophy
Greek and Roman Philosophy and Ethics
- Complete the following courses:
- Two 400- or 500-level courses in ancient philosophy
- A third course in any area of philosophy
- Complete a special field exam in a field of ancient philosophy.
- The dissertation will concern a topic in ancient philosophy or its reception.